Rich Dad Poor Dad is one of the most iconic books for entrepreneurs to date. And its author is an eminence in the world of finance. So we bring the best quotes from Robert Kiyosaki.
Like so many others, you have probably already asked yourself the question: What really makes professional and personal success? The American author and speaker Robert Kiyosaki knows the answer.
His books, including bestsellers such as “Rich dad, poor dad”, have been extremely popular for several decades. No wonder, because the story of the native Hawaiian is more than inspiring.
Kiyosaki has been gaining experience as an entrepreneur and investor since the early 1980s and has had a significant impact on the international start-up scene. The entrepreneur usually shares his valuable knowledge in lectures, interviews, articles and books.
At the forefront are findings on the subject of finance, work and career, which he combines in an exciting way with aspects such as personality, motivation and self-development.
The millionaire pleads for more self-determination and the necessary backbone to get rid of existential fears in the end and gain personal freedom.
Do you want to know what wisdom Robert Kiyosaki has gathered over time? We have compiled his most important findings in the form of his best-known quotes.
Quotes from Robert Kiyosaki
Work, job and entrepreneurship
01. “Jobs are centuries-old concepts that emerged during industrialization. Although we are now in the middle of the information age, many people still work for the idea of having a secure job.”
02. “Be sure that fear keeps many people in their jobs. The fear of not being able to pay bills anymore. The fear of being fired. The fear of not having enough money. The fear of having to start all over again. This is the price of studying or working for a job that is all about making money. Most people become slaves to money – and then angry with their boss. ”
“They get up every day and work for their money, but never take the time to ask the question:” Is there no other way? “
04. “Bad times create true entrepreneurs.”
Money and prosperity
05. “Don’t be addicted to money. Work to learn, not to make money. ”
06. “The more you earn, the more you spend. So money never makes you rich – investing your money makes you rich. ”
07. “You will never know true freedom until you have financial freedom.”
08. “Prosperity is a person’s ability to survive a certain number of days in the future. In other words, if I stopped working today, how long could I survive? ”
Rich and poor
09. “Never say you can’t afford something. That is the attitude of a poor man. Instead, ask how you can afford it. ”
10. “The only difference between rich and poor people is how they use their time.”
“You are only poor if you give up. The most important thing is that you have done something. Most people only talk and dream of being rich. At least you did something.”
12. “Whenever you long for something or need something, give it first – and it will come back to you in bulk. That applies to money, a smile, love, friendship. I know that’s often the last thing you want to do, but it has always worked for me. I trust the principle of reciprocity – and I give what I want. ”
Criticism and external circumstances
13. “Complaining about your current position in life is pointless. Have a backbone and do something about it. ”
14. “Criticize cynics, analyze winners.”
15. “What you think about me is none of my business. What matters is what I think about myself. ”
“Most people swim with the current. They do what they do because everyone does it.”
17. “Decisions determine your success, not external circumstances.”
18. “It’s easy to stand on the sidelines, criticize, and say why you shouldn’t do something. The sideline is full of people. Better go to the field. ”
Learning and growth
19. “When you realize that you are the problem, you can change, learn something new, become wiser. Don’t blame other people for your problems. ”
“Don’t be afraid to grow slowly. Just be afraid to stand still. ”
21. “Too many people are too focused on money and not on their greatest wealth – their education. If people were flexible and open-minded, able to learn, they would become richer and richer with every change. ”
22. “Wealth is information today. Today those who have the most relevant information gain wealth. ”
23. “Success is a bad teacher.”
24. “The most important asset is our mind. If he is well trained, he can create great prosperity in no time. ”
25. “Too many people are too lazy to think. Instead of learning something new, they think the same thoughts every day. ”
Failure and disappointment
26. “A mistake is a sign that it is time to learn something new; something you didn’t know before. ”
27. “There is an invaluable treasure of new wisdom in every disappointment.”
“Making mistakes is not enough to achieve great things. You have to admit the mistake and then learn how to turn it into a personal benefit.”
29. “Winners are not afraid of losing. Losers are afraid of losing. Failure is part of success. ”
30. “People who avoid failure avoid success.”
Fears, doubts, self-confidence
31. “Face your fears and doubts – and a new world will open up to you.”
32. “Your mind is limitless, it is your doubts that limits you.”
“If you are one of those who are waiting for the right time, you may wait a long time. It’s like waiting for all the traffic lights to be green for the next 5 miles before you set off.”
34. “Spending your life in fear of never pursuing your dreams is cruel. Working hard for money and thinking that you can use it to buy things that make you happy is cruel. Waking up in the middle of the night, terrified of not being able to pay your bills, is cruel. A life dictated by the size of your paycheck is not a life. Assuming that a job gives you security is self-deception. This is a trap you should avoid. ”
35. “The fear of being different keeps many people from trying new ways to solve their problems.”
Courage, risk and drive
36. “In the real world, it is often not the clever who get ahead, but the brave.”
37. “You have only one life. Live it to inspire others. ”
38. “Your future is determined by what you do today, not tomorrow.”
39. “Find the game you can win. Then dedicate your life to the game – and play to win. ”
“People have to wake up and realize that life is not waiting for you. If you want something, get up and get it.”
41. “The more a person strives for security, the more control he gives over his life.”
42. “If you want to be a winner in life, you always have to do more than your best.”
43. “It’s not what you say out loud that determines your life, but what you whisper to yourself.”
Financial freedom is real freedom
The quotations provide a deep insight into Robert Kiyosaki’s worldview: He assumes that true freedom can only be achieved through financial freedom, which is almost unattainable for normal employees.
He, therefore, encourages people to work as an investor or entrepreneur and thus receive a passive income, or in other words: to let the money work for them.
This requires courage and independent thinking, i.e. swimming against the current, says Robert Kiyosaki. In the end, however, these efforts pay off:
Light-heartedness, freedom and the feeling of having achieved something great are the rewards for the efforts.
Bottom line: Roll up your sleeves and get started! What brave thing have you done today?