To talk about entrepreneurship without mentioning him is to talk about the history of football without mentioning Brazil. For this reason, it is inevitable to share the best of Jim Rohn’s phrases.
Jim Rohn, whose full name is Emanuel James “Jim” Rohn, was born on September 17, 1930. Jim Rohn was an American author, motivational speaker, and entrepreneur who became famous for sharing his business philosophy around the world. His work has influenced the careers of many others within the personal development industry which include Anthony Robbins, Brian Tracy and Jack Canfield.
Rohn opened up going from working in a department store to becoming a distributor for a large company and then continuing as Vice President of Nutri-Bio. When Nutri-Bio closed its doors in the early 1960s, Rohn began a career as a motivational speaker and started giving seminars across the United States, where he taught his philosophy of personal development in addition to telling his own story. His phrases became some of the best in the world.
Throughout his career, he published 34 books, of which the most important are:
“My Philosophy For Successful Living,” “7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness” “Twelve pillars,” and “The five most important pieces of the puzzle of life.”
Jim Rohn left this world at the age of 79 years on December 5, 2009.
The life and teachings of how Jim Rohn went from bankruptcy to a millionaire are an incredible inspiration to overcome all the obstacles we face along the way. In addition to being an example of perseverance, his vision is a display of wisdom.
For many, he is not as well known at this time, but they should know that Jim Rohn was an incredible life coach. The best speakers recognize him, and the results he obtained endorse it.
We hope Jim Rohn’s quotes will inspire you; to change your perception about life and to get more than you can imagine.
I’ve compiled some of Jim Rohn’s best phrases and quotes about leadership and personal development.
Here are the best 81 Jim Rohn’s phrases of all time.
“The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; kind, but not weak; bold, but not intimidating; considerate, but not lazy; humble, but not shy; proud, but not arrogant; and have humour, but without nonsense.”
01. The difference between where you are today and where you will be in five years is in the quality of the books you have read.
02. The main reason for setting a goal is because of what it takes of you to achieve it. It will make of you will always be of much greater value than what you get.
03. The more you know, the less you will have to say.
04. The only thing worse than not having read a book in the last 90 days is not reading a book in the previous 90 days and thinking it doesn’t matter.
05. The main reason for setting goals is to tempt you to become the person you need to be to reach them.
06. The walls that we build around us protect us from sadness, but also prevent us from joy.
07. The worst days of those who enjoy what they do are better than the best days of those who do not.
08. Happiness is not something you put off for the future; it’s something you design for the present.
09. Go with people who have something of value to share with you. Their impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life even after they are gone.
Jim Rohn quotes # 10.
“How sad to see a father with money and without joy. The man studied economics, but he never studied happiness.”
11. Humans have the remarkable ability to get precisely what they should have. But there is a difference between a “duty” and a “want.”
12. Humility is a virtue; shyness is a disease.
13. Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of a deception.
14. Books are what you step on to get you to a higher shelf. The larger your stack of books, the higher the shelf you can reach. Do you want to go higher? Stack more books under your feet! Reading is what leads us to new knowledge. Open new doors. It helps us understand mysteries. It allows us to hear from successful people.
15. Reading is what takes us down the road on our journey. Everything you need for a better future and success has already been written.
16. The economic disaster begins with the philosophy of doing less and wanting more.
17. Discipline is the bridge between our goals and that we achieve them.
18. Don’t join an easy group; you will not grow. See where the expectations are and the demands are high.
19. Don’t mistake ‘movement’ for ‘achievement’. It’s easy to pretend you’re busy. The question is: busy doing what?
Jim Rohn quotes # 20
Don’t set your goals too low. If you don’t need much, you won’t become much.
21. You don’t want it to be easier, you want to be better. Don’t want less trouble either, you want more skills. And you never want fewer challenges, you want more wisdom.
22. Don’t let your learning lead you to knowledge. Make your learning take you to action.
23. Each of us has two different choices to make about what we will do with our lives. The first option we can do is to be less than we have the capacity to be. To earn less Have less To read less and think less Try less and discipline ourselves less. These are the choices that lead to an empty life. These are the choices that, once made, lead to a life of constant apprehension rather than a life of wonderful anticipation. And the second option? To do it all! And become everything we can be. To read all the books we can. Win as much as we can. Give and share as much as we can. And strive, produce and achieve everything we can.
24. Either you run during the day or the days go by.
25. Everything you need for a better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library.
26. Excuses are the nails used to build a house that is going to fall.
27. Failure is not a unique and catastrophic event. Do not fail overnight. On the other hand, failure is a few errors, which are repeated every day.
28. The finding is reserved for those who seek.
29. Formal education will give you a living; self-education will give you a fortune.
I recently read a headline that said, “We don’t teach people to be nice. We just hire nice people. ” What a smart shortcut.
Jim Rohn quotes # 30
Happiness is not an accident Nor is it something you want. Happiness is something you design.
31. I’ll take care of you if you take care of me.
32. If someone is going the wrong way, they don’t need the motivation to keep moving forward. What you need is education to turn around.
33. If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
34. If you don’t design your own life plan, you are likely to fall for someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
35. If you don’t like how things are, change them! You are not a tree.36. If you only communicate, you can get ahead. But if you communicate skillfully, you can work miracles.
37. If you really want to do something, you must find a way to reach it. If you don’t, you will find an excuse.
38. It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off sometimes. What matters most is going down. You cannot progress without making decisions.
39. It is not what the book costs. Think about what it will cost you if you don’t read it.
Jim Rohn quotes # 40
If you don’t like how things are, change them! You are not a tree
41. It is easy to carry the past as a burden and not as a school. It’s also easy to let it overwhelm you, rather than educate yourself.
42. It’s what you don’t know that will hurt you.
43. I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than their lives plan. Maybe it’s because running away is easier than adapting.
44. Leadership is the challenge of being more than average.
45. Learn to be happy with what you have while chasing everything you want.
46. Learn to say no. Don’t let your mouth overload your back.
47. Allow others to lead small lives, but not you … Let others argue about small things, but not you … Allow others to cry over small wounds, but not you … Let others leave their future in the hands of someone else, but not you.
48. Make rest a necessity, not a goal. Get enough rest to gather strength.
49. Managers help people see themselves as they are. Leaders help people see themselves better than they are.
Jim Rohn quotes # 50
Maturity is the ability to harvest without apology and not complain when things are not going well.
51. Forget about a meal if necessary, but never miss a book.
52. There is no way to say what you can do when you feel inspired by them. Nor of knowing what you can do when you believe in them. And less, knowing what will happen when you act for them.
53. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you moving.
54. My father taught me to always do more than what you pay as an investment in your future.
55. One of the best gifts you can give to anyone is the gift of attention.
56. Only by giving can you receive more than you already have.
57. The poor have big televisions. Rich people have large libraries.
58. Some people claim that it is okay to read junk novels because sometimes you can find something valuable in them. You can also find a loaf of bread in a garbage can if you look hard enough. There are better ways.
59. Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night, instead of one a day, is not the solution.
Jim Rohn quotes # 60.
Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
61. Take care of your body. It is the only place you have to live in.
62. The worst thing you can do is not try, be aware of what you want and not give in to it, spend years in silence and pain, wondering if something could have materialized, without ever knowing it.
63. There are only three colours, ten digits and seven notes, it is what we do with them that is important.
64. There are two types of pain that you will feel in life: the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Discipline weighs ounces while repentance weighs tons.
65. Those who do not read are no better than those who cannot read.
66. Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you can’t get more time.
67. To be financially independent you must convert part of your income into capital; converting capital into a company; that company for profit; those investment gains; and convert the investment into financial independence.
68. We can have more than we have because we can be more than what we are.
69. They don’t pay us for the hour; they pay us for the value we give them on the hour.
Jim Rohn quotes # 70.
We must all wage an intense and lasting battle against the constant pull down. If we relax, the insects and weeds of negativity will move to the garden and take everything of value.
71. What’s powerful is when what you say is just the tip of the iceberg of what you know.
72. The good things we build end up building us.
73. When you know what you want and want it enough, you will find a way to get it.
74. Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
75. Work harder on yourself than on your job.
77. You cannot change your destiny overnight. You can change your address.
78. You must modify your dreams or magnify your skills.
79. You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the season or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have to take care of.
Jim Rohn quotes # 80.
Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort and imagination must be constantly invoked to maintain a flourishing and growing relationship.
81. Your personal philosophy is the biggest determining factor in how your life works.
If you want to know more about Jim Rohn and his teachings, we recommend this watching and getting his message full of wisdom in this video